Who we Serve
Balfour at Stapleton –
A Northstar property
As a part of Northstar Commercial Partners’ definition of success, the company knows that cultivating positive relationships with individual and corporate sellers is vitally important. On several occasions, an initial asset purchase has been followed by subsequent transactions with the same seller. This seller desire to transact with Northstar Commercial Partners for multiple assets creates further opportunity for both parties.
Northstar provides the following benefits to sellers:
- An experienced and creative buyer that can structure an acquisition to meet the seller’s needs
- The ability to purchase single properties or a national portfolio of vacant or leased assets
- Transfer of liabilities from property ownership off the Balance Sheet into cash assets for the seller
- Confidential acquisitions of environmentally impacted assets
- Flexibility to accommodate 1031 exchanges or facility decommissioning
- Acquisitions throughout the United States
Northstar encourages the participation of commercial real estate brokers in its transactions. As a former commercial broker with Cushman & Wakefield of Colorado, Mr. Watson understands and appreciates the critical role that such individuals contribute to the deal process. Whether in the initial acquisition, or subsequent representation of Northstar in the lease-up or sale process, we work effectively with the brokerage community.
Another method of identifying and cultivating investment opportunities occurs when an industry leader offers a core competency that makes a partnership between Northstar Commercial Partners and the company logical and financially rewarding for each party. Under this operating plan, Northstar identifies an investment opportunity that presents one or more unique challenges that can be resolved by a specific industry leader’s expertise. Northstar Commercial Partners secures that property, authors the investment strategy, and assembles the appropriate team for the acquisition. Northstar Commercial Partners’ established relationships and familiarity with the strengths of many national firms has helped the company to form strategic partnerships with industry leaders across the country.