Open Position – Administrative Assistant
Founded in 2000, Northstar Commercial Partners (“Northstar”) is a privately‐held commercial real estate investment organization that owns, operates and/or has developed millions of square feet in data centers, office buildings, industrial buildings, senior housing, and retail assets throughout the United States. Northstar’s current portfolio includes assets in 15 states totaling 8.25+ million square feet.
An established downtown Denver commercial real estate investment firm seeks an experienced Administrative Assistant for the CEO of the company. This is a full‐time position (Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm). Our CRE firm has been very active in the economy and is continuing to get busier with acquisitions of both single assets and multi‐property portfolios. We are looking for a “go‐getter” – someone who has a natural ambition to succeed and takes initiative on all tasks. Our office does not micro‐manage, we believe in empowering our employees to take ownership and responsibility for any job, whether big or small, and to complete a task correctly the first time.
Job duties in addition to general administrative office tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Schedule all personal and business appointments/meetings for the CEO of the company
- Make domestic and international travel arrangements
- Plan and organize company functions
- Act as liaison between all employees and the CEO
- Provide office support to other department heads when needed
- Create job descriptions, manage job postings, and perform initial review of all incoming resumes for new hires
- Communicate with investors, tenants, and business partners on behalf of the CEO
- Monitor, screen, respond to, and distribute incoming communications
- Prepare and edit correspondences with CEO’s contacts, both business and personal
- Experience with MS Publisher, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MyEmma (or similar bulk email client), etc.
- Proofread contracts and, when asked, execute final versions using the CEO’s electronic signature
- Maintain physical/electronic files (Dropbox, Google Docs, etc.) and contact database (Outlook, iCloud, ACT, etc.)
- Track replies & expenses for multiple projects
- File insurance claims and arrange for all maintenance/repairs for company vehicles
- Assist the IT company with all troubleshooting for computer systems
- Update and maintain CEO’s technological devices
Job requirements include a good attitude, the ability to take initiative, attention to detail, and excellent Microsoft Word processing skills and a rich Microsoft Excel knowledge are a MUST! College education is preferred. Compensation will depend on experience, and as responsibility is given, pay will increase alongside it.
Please respond to this job posting with your resume, corresponding cover letter, and your answers to the below questions. In the subject line please state: “Administrative Assistant: (your) Last Name, First Name”.
- Describe your interest in commercial real estate and add any experience you may have in this industry.
- Please briefly describe your last job and your reason for leaving that company.
- What are you seeking in an employer?
Compensation will be based on experience and relevant work‐related history.
Interested applicants who possess desired skills and experience may submit the following items for consideration of this position (note that any applicants who do not address all items listed below will not be considered):
- Cover letter with your desired salary
- Email to Kimlynn Huynh: (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the subject line: Administrative Assistant to the CEO
More information regarding Northstar can be viewed at: www.northstarcp.com
Please do not call the company regarding this job at this time. We will gather resumes and make phone calls and/or emails for the 1st interview to qualified candidates. Due to an anticipated high volume of resumes received, calls will not be made to applicants that we are not interested in interviewing. Thank you for your understanding.